One man's voyage to a far off land... ...that millions of folks have seen already.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And.... Action!

The time has finally come. In less than 13 hours I will be boarding the first of three connecting flights that will take me to Japan. I doubt that it is hard to understand that I'm feeling a little strange at the thought of flying to a country on the other side of the Earth without having any previous experience with passenger airlines. Though I am fairly confident that things will go quite smoothly, the fact that I have spent almost my entire life within less than an hour's drive of Napoleon is making the great distance quite mystifying.

Anyway, once I arrive I plan on making far more posts here, documenting my experience on a weekly or perhaps daily basis. I'll post interesting (I hope) stories and pictures to keep my audience entertained. All of this providing, of course, if I have consistent internet access.

Without further delay, I say Saiyonara, for the next time I post I will be in Japan.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can hardly wait to read all about your experiences. I will live vicariously through you...

James Guilford said...

We hear you arrived pretty much in one piece. I hope you can pick up Japanese quickly and that your hosts can learn some English from you! Wouldn't want an international incident, would we?

Best of luck to ya and we'll be following your adventures! -- Jim